Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Getting on the Hamster Wheel

Hello World Wide Web!
It feels necessary to say hello since I am new to this platform, and out of politeness, I felt an introduction was needed.

Anyway the real reason this blog is now in existence is because of school. I, a student at The Fashion Institute of Technology, am enrolled in Internet Marketing. My professor, no need to name names, unless he desires a shout out (if he wants one, I believe I'd be open to advertiser$$ on my page.) Back to the point, my professor is gun-ho on branding ourselves as a product, which I agree! I didn't realize part of that would be an active blog, but as you might have figured it does require such thing.

SO here I am to document my thoughts, likes, passions, travels, experiences that happen in my life. I must say, as a precursor, I am against the digital footprint.
As a student of Marketing and Communications I have learned we are all being tracked with every post/like/tweet/pin we do! I wont go into detail, mostly for my sake of deleting everything I've ever done, cutting up my credit cards and going off the grid (my mom would be upset), but this is an irrational fear of mine!  I apologize but I was traumatized by The Truman Show at an early age. I just figured that I would state this Big Brother fear of mine in the first post in case it may creep back into future posts.

Here goes nothing, jumping in, no going back.
Both a Thank You and Sorry in advance,
Chava

No comments:

Post a Comment